Pan-Broiled Tomato Halves
|Seasoned salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon (packaged)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Cut out stem end of tomatoes; cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
2) Combine seasoned salt, pepper, and sugar; mix well.
3) Sprinkle evenly over cut sides of tomatoes.
4) In a large skillet, heat butter and saute tomato halves, cut sides down, about 2 minutes, or until soft but not mushy.
5) Turn tomatoes.
6) Baste with pan juices, and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
7) Cook for further 1 minute.
8) With slotted spoon, remove tomatoes to serving platter.
9) Sprinkle green onion over top of tomatoes and serve warm.