|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Can (25 oz) (1 No. Size Cans)|
|Toasted bread||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F
2. Butter a casserole dish
3. Drain the juice of the tomatoes into a cup.
4. In the buttered casserole, arrange the toasted bread.
5. Into the drained tomato juice, dissolve sugar and salt.
6. Pour the juice over the bread and allow bread to soak.
7. Arrange the tomatoes on top.
8. Rub butter into breadcrumbs and sprinkle over tomatoes.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until heated through and the crumbs are golden brown.
10. Serve the baked tomatoes straight out of the oven as a side dish.