|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan mix corn syrup, sugar, and 4 cups water.
2) Bring to a boil point and boil for 5 minutes.
3) In the remaining 4 cup water soften gelatin, add to syrup, and stir till dissolved.
4) Keep aside to cool.
5) Drain berries and force through food mill.
6) Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
7) Pour the juices to gelatin mixture.
8) Transfer to ice-cream container. Correct dasher.
9) Set with 1 part rock salt to 6 parts ice. Keep till stiff.
10) Remove water and repack with ice and salt.
11) Cover freezer with newspapers.
12) Serve chilled.
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 38.5 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.1 g100.3%
Sugars 122.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 123.5%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet