Tomato Cheese Corn Pie
|Flaky pastry||1 (1 Packet)|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced thin|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Cream style corn||1 Pound (1 Can)|
1. Preheat oven to 425° F.
2. On a lightly flour work surface, roll out pastry to a 9 ½ inch circle.
3. Cut 3 V-shaped slits or decorative holes near the center.
4. Cover pastry with cloth and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
5. In a skillet, melt butter
6. Add onions and sauté for 5-8 minutes until golden. Set aside.
7. In a 9 inch pie pan, cover the bottom with 1/2 cup cheese
8. Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese.
9. Sprinkle salt and pepper, and scatter the golden fried onions.
10. Top with corn and finish with a layer or cheese.
11. Brush rim of pan lightly with cold water.
12. Carefully roll pastry over the rolling pin and place on the pie dish, unrolling and smoothening at the rim and pinching to give a neat finish
13. Brush pastry with milk if you like.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until pastry is golden.
15. Remove and rest for 5 minutes
16. Cut into wedges and serve warm with a sauce if you like