Cold Stuffed Tomatoes
|Finely diced cucumber||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely shredded cabbage||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Curry powder||1 Dash|
1) Wash the tomatoes and dip in boiling water for a minute.
2) Drain them out and put them in cold water immediately.
3) Peel the skins.
4) Place each tomato stem side up and cut into 4 wedges right to the base taking care not to cut through.
5) Hold the wedges apart and sprinkle them with salt.
6) Chill for 1 ½ hours by keeping it covered within a refrigerator.
7) Take a bowl and mix the next 7 ingredients.
8) Refrigerate after covering the bowl.
9) Take a bowl and mix mayonnaise with chili powder and hot sauce.
10) Fill each tomato shell with a spoonful of vegetable mixture.
11) Add a dollop of mayonnaise-sauce mixture on top.
12) Place on lettuce leaves and serve.