Aubergine Tomato and Red Lentil Curry
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Aubergine||1 Large, cut into 8 pieces|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes on the vine||250 Gram (Cherry)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Red split lentils||140 Gram|
|Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs), roughly chopped (1 Handful)|
1) Arrange all the ingredients and utensils to be used.
2) Set a frying pan over high heat and add 2 tbsp of oil in it.
3) When oil starts smoking, add aubergine and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
4) Keep turning the aubergine pieces to cook them evenly. 5) At first, aubergines light absorb all the oil, but as soon as they gets cooked and golden brown they will leave the oil. 6) At this point, remove the aubergines from the heat and keep aside. 7) In the pan, add th rest of the oil along with onion, ginger-garlic.
8) Cook everything for 5 minutes.
9) Add the cherry tomatoes and cook them until soften.
10) Remove them from the pan before they break completely.
11) Set them aside with aubergines.
12) Again heat the pan and add curry leaves with cumin.
13) As the curry leaves atart popping, add chili powder, tomato puree along with lentils and 600ml of water.
14) Simmer and cook the lentils for 15-20 minutes until lentils become soft.
15) Stir in the lentils, aubergines and cherry tomatoes. 16) Cook the curry for few minutes.
17) Garnish the hot curry with corriander and serve on top of the cooked basmati rice.