Macaroni Casserole with Fresh Tomatos
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic spread||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grate the cheese.
3. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta as directed in the package; drain well.
4. In a pan, melt butter and sauté onions until tender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Gradually add milk with constant stirring; cook until sauce is lightly thickened.
6. Remove pan from heat and stir in the grated cheese.
7. In a small dish, put together crumbs and garlic spread; heat and mix well.
8. Into a greased baking dish, transfer the macaroni and cover top with buttered crumbs.
9. Bake in hot oven for 30 minutes.
10. Serve Macaroni Casserole with Fresh Tomato with a green lettuce salad.
Calories 1253 Calories from Fat 557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.1%
Saturated Fat 36.8 g184%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176.6 mg58.9%
Sodium 1116.5 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g39.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 53 g106.7%
Vitamin A 65.6% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 112.2% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet