Easy Scalloped Tomatoes With Poultry Stuffing Mix
|Canned whole tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Poultry stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green onions and tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Scallions)|
|Crushed fennel seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Butter a 9-inch pie dish
3. Empty the canned tomatoes into a the pie dish
4. Quarter the whole tomatoes, holding them over the dish so that the juice falls inside.
5. In a small bowl combine the stuffing mix and herbs and toss well.
6. Sprinkle evenly over the tomatoes.
7. Place knobs of butter on top.
8. Bake tomatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. Serve them straight from the pie dish.