This tomato paste brims with the goodness of some fine ingredients. A true delight to any meal, the tomato paste is delicious with a variety of vegan dishes.
1 Teaspoon (Leveled)
To Taste, finely chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
1. Chop unskinned tomatoes coarsely.
2. Add sugar to it and let it stand for 10 minutes.
3. In a heavy pan, heat oil.
4. Add tomato mixture, bay leaves and seasoning. Simmer on a low flame till the tomatoes are very soft.
5. Strain it. Add oregano, basil or tarragon herb and garlic. Work into a paste. Store this paste in the refrigerator.
6. Use Tomato Paste on casseroles and vegetables. They are good with chick peas and beans.