Tomato Cheese Tart
|Pie crust mix package||1⁄2 (Use 1/2 The Package)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded process gruyere cheese||12 Ounce|
|Ripe tomatoes||3 Medium|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Oregano leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare piecrust mix, adding 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Roll out to a 12-inch round on lightly floured pastry board or cloth; fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn under; flute to make stand-up edge. Prick with fork.
2. Bake in hot oven (425°) 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden; cool.
3. Spoon the remaining cheddar cheese and Gruyere into piecrust. Slice the tomatoes into thin wedges. Arrange, slightly overlapping, in an attractive circular pattern over the cheese. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, basil and oregano.
4. Saute green onions in butter or margarine until tender in a small skillet. Spoon in the center of pie; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5. Bake in moderate oven (325°) 20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender.