Pan-fried slices of green tomatoes with brown sugar and cream.
4 Large, sliced thickly
2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
Salt & pepper
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a large skillet or frying pan, heat butter.
2. Dredge each tomato slice in flour and place in hot butter.
3. Flip them once one side turns brown.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar generously and turn the slices carefully without spilling.
5. Repeat step 4 on the other side of the slices. Flip again without spilling the brown sugar.
6. Turn off the heat and drizzle heavy cream all over the tomatoes.
7. Let it sit for a minute to absorb the cream.
8. In a serving plate, serve the tomatoes immediately.
Here's a yummy appetizer using green tomatoes. They have been inspired by a local restaurant that Robin often visits. Its simple to prepare and delicious in taste. Do try this recipe when you can get a good batch of green tomatoes to cook with.