Golden Tomato Cups
|Firm tomatoes||6 Medium|
|Frozen broccoli||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leaf oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
1. Cut off tops of tomatoes; scoop out insides with a teaspoon. Turn cups upside down to drain. (Use pulp to season soup or stew.)
2. Cook broccoli, following label directions; drain. Keep hot.
3. Bring water and butter or margarine to boiling in a small saucepan. Add flour and the 1/8 tea-spoon salt all at once; stir vigorously with a wooden spoon about 2 minutes, or until batter forms a thick smooth ball that follows spoon around pan. Remove from heat at once; cool slightly.
4. Beat in egg until mixture is thick and shiny smooth.
5. Sprinkle tomato cups with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and oregano; fill with hot cooked broccoli.
6. Spread about 1 tablespoon batter over broccoli in each tomato, then spoon remaining batter, dividing evenly, in a mound on top. Place tomatoes in a shallow baking dish.
7 Bake in hot oven (400°) 25 minutes, or until topping is puffed and lightly golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.8%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276 mg92%
Sodium 1405.8 mg58.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 26 g52.6%
Vitamin A 310% Vitamin C 590%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet