Video 3 Home Canning Tomatoes; Tomato Sauce & Salsa
|Fresh ripe tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh spring onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ripe tomato||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash the tomatoes and cut off the bottom edges.
2. Put the tomatoes in warm water for a few seconds. Remove them and peel off the skin.
3. Remove the seeds from tomatoes and chop them.
4. Chop the vegetables and set aside.
FOR TOMATO SAUCE
5. In a large pot over medium low heat, pour olive oil and sauté the onion. Season it with salt and pepper.
6. Add the tomatoes, stir well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
7. Put basils and oregano. Pour lemon juice and mix well.
8. Remove from heat and ladle hot sauce into sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim.
9. Cover the jars and place in a boiling water canner for a few minutes. Remove jars and cool.
10. In a pot over medium heat, add tomato, stir well and keep on simmer.
11. Stir in the onions, red and green bell peppers and cilantro. Simmer for a few minutes.
12. Add basils and oregano. Pour lemon juice into the salsa and mix well.
13. Remove from heat and ladle hot salsa into sterilized jars. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim.
14. Cover the jars and place in a boiling water bath for a few minutes. Remove jars and cool.
15. Serve the Tomato Sauce and Salsa with any dishes.