Broiled Tomato Halves
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs.
2. Cut out stem end of each tomato, and then cut each tomato horizontally in half. Place tomato halves on broiler rack, cut side up.
3. In small skillet over low heat, melt butter or margarine. Brush each tomato half with a little of the melted butter. Broil about 5 to 7 inches from source of heat until tomatoes are heated through and soft on top, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from broiler.
4. Meanwhile, mix fresh bread crumbs, minced parsley, seasoned pepper, and salt into remaining butter in skillet to make crumb topping.
5. Top each tomato half with about 1 tablespoon crumb topping; spread to cover each half evenly. Return tomato halves to broiler; continue broiling until top is golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.2%
Saturated Fat 23.5 g117.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 757.1 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 109.2% Vitamin C 111.4%
Calcium 12% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet