Crunchy Tomato Aspic
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
1. Simmer onion, 1/4 cup celery, bay leaves, cloves, and 2 cups tomato juice for 5 minutes. Strain.
2. Dissolve unflavored gelatin in 1 cup cold tomato juice. Add to hot tomato mixture.
3. Add 1 cup tomato juice and lemon juice.
4. Cool to lukewarm, then add 1 cup chopped celery.
5. Pour into a mold or ring. Refrigerate to set. Unmold onto lettuce leaves