1. Sautee the onion and peppers in the olive oil for 3-5 minutes, until onions are slightly soft.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté.
3. In the mean time, toss tofu cubes with salt, pepper, turmeric and salsa. Break up the tofu using a wooden spoon, until it crumbles and resembled scrambled eggs.
4. Let the tofu join the veggies in the pan after they have softened.
5. Stirring frequently, sauté for another 6-8 minutes, until veggies are done and tofu is lightly fried.
6. Enjoy plain like eggs or wrap in a whole wheat flour tortilla.
You don’t have to stop at breakfast, or limit yourself to a plate of scramble. Look at scrambled tofu with fresh eyes! There are countless ways to spruce up your scramble, or use up your leftovers.
Serve in a squash bowl: Serve in half a baked squash (acorn or carnival would work perfectly.) Breakfast burritos: Wrap up in tortillas with, fresh salsa and guacamole.
Lettuce wraps: Tuck scramble into lettuce, serve with fresh tomatoes and drizzle with vinaigrette
Make a sandwich: Not the most ingenious idea, but one of my favorites! A scramble sandwich with avocado, red onion and sprouts.
Stuff peppers: Mix with a can of black beans and some salsa. Stuff into red peppers and bake
Scrambled tofu is probably one of the most mundane vegan recipes there is. You probably roll your eyes when you see the obligatory breakfast option but for a new vegan it’s one of the most important dishes to learn. Not only is it a quick and easy and healthy scrambled egg substitute for vegetarians and vegans easy and healthy way to start the day, and the combination of tofu doused in salsa this tofu scramble is a great way to pry your eyes open in the morning. Great any time of the day this scramble will