Graziella the Fit Foodie shares her go-to recipe for a quick and easy meal in a pinch! Tofu can be tasty people, when done right..and it's not just for vegans!
Seasoning for the tofu
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Extra firm tofu
1 Pound, cubed (1 block of tofu used)
Rest of the ingredients for the tofu stirfry
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon (As required)
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely
3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely
Fresh bay leaf
3 Medium, chopped finely (j)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
4 Cup (64 tbs) (Broccoli, snap peas, water chestnuts, carrots, soybeans)
To prepare the seasoning mix for tofu:
1. In a small bowl, take sea salt, cayenne pepper, coriander and cumin. Mix well and set aside.
2. Pat dry the block of tofu to remove all the liquid from it. Cut into cubes and keep aside.
3. Steam the mixed vegetables and set them aside.
4. Heat a pan with a couple of tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the finely chopped onions and garlic along with a fresh bay leaf.
5. Saute for a minute and add the finely chopped scallions, stirfry for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the tofu, some sesame oil and stir to mix well. Sprinkle the prepared seasoning over the tofu and stirfry for about 2 minutes.
7. Add the steamed vegetables, turn up the heat to high and stirfry for another 5 to 8 minutes.