Greek Stew with Potatoes, Tomatoes Pepper and Tofu
|Firm tofu||2 Pound, cubed and marinated in lemon juice|
|Baking potatoes||8 Medium, cut to spears|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, minced|
|Green peppers||2 , sliced|
|Diced tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Slice tofu into cubes.
2. In a bowl pour lemon juice and place the cubed tofu in the juice to marinate well.
3. Steam potatoes for 20 minutes till they are tender.
4. In anther cooking pan add olive oil. Heat.
5. Add garlic and onions. Saute for 5 minutes till they are softened. Mix green pepper and saute for some more minutes.
6. Add oregano, bay leaves, black pepper, paprika and tomatoes.
7. Simmer 15 minutes keeping it uncovered or till the potatoes are cooked.
8. Add steamed potatoes, tofu and cider vinegar to the sauce.
9. Cover. Turn the heat off.
10. Let it stand for 10 minutes so that the flavors blend well.
11. Taste to check the seasoning.
12. Greek Stew With Potatoes, Tomatoes Pepper And Tofu hot.