|Tofu||1 Pound (12 Ounce)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce, pureed (1 Tin)|
|Grated ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
1. Take a bowl, combine all ingredients for the marinade.
2. Cut tofu into small pieces, and add them to a small pan. Spoon them over marinade.
3. Take a skillet, add tofu- marinade mixture and heat it gently. Turn over the tofu pieces carefully, to maintain their texture. Cook the sauce additionally for 10 more minutes.
4. Drain the pieces and continue simmering the sauce.
5. Take a separate pan, heat little oil and fry the tofu for 3-4 minutes until crispy.
6. Serve the tofu hot, topped with some marinade.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3446.6 mg143.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.8%
Sugars 45.2 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 69.7% Vitamin C 145.1%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 48.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet