Bean Curd And Mushrooms Peking Style
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, drained|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) With kitchen paper, pat dry the drained tofu.
2) With a knife, cut the tofu into eight or twelve blocks of the same size.
3) In the oven, preheat a large browning dish to the maximum, as recommended by the manufacturers.
4) To this, add the vegetable oil.
5) Immediately add the tofu pieces.
6) On high power, cook uncovered for 1 minute.
7) Now, turn the pieces over and cook again for 1 minute.
8) Remove from the dish and keep aside.
9) Now, to the browning dish, add the sliced mushrooms, Hoisin sauce and corn flour. Mix well to coat the sauce well.
10) On high power, cook covered for 2 minutes or until the mushrooms turn tender.
11) Now, to this add the cooked tofu.
12) On high power, cook covered for 1 minute or until heated through.
13) Adjust the seasonings and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
14) Serve the Bean Curd and Mushrooms along with brown rice and a mixed salad.