Hoisin Tofu And Broccoli
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant chicken broth||1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 packet)|
|Chicken broth seasoning mix||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firm tofu||9 Ounce, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Chinese sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a small mixing bowl, add the water, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, and broth mix.
2) Mix well to dissolve the cornstarch and keep aside.
3) In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the peanut oil.
4) To this, add the garlic.
5) Over high heat, cook for 30 seconds, stirring in between.
6) Now, add the broccoli to the skillet.
7) Cook for a minute, stirring in between, until the broccoli turns bright green.
8) To this, add the tofu. Mix gently.
9) Cook for 1 minute, until golden brown. Stir as required.
10) To this, add the hoisin mixture.
11) Gradually bring this mixture to a boil.
12) Now, medium heat, simmer the mixture for 3 minutes until thick. By now, the broccoli will be tender-crisp.
13) Remove from heat and then add sesame oil. Mix gently.
14) Serve the Hoisin Tofu and Broccoli hot along with cooked noodles.