Stuffed Tofu Triangles
|For the marinade:|
|Stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|For the tofu:|
|Shelled deveined shrimp||3 Ounce|
|Minced scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tofu||16 Ounce (1 Block, Firm)|
|Stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (For The Tofu:)|
1) To prepare the marinade, in a shallow dish, combine the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, oil, and garlic. Keep aside.
2) To prepare the tofu filling, in a food processor, first combine the shrimp, 1/3 cup of scallions, water chestnuts, ginger, garlic, cornstarch, and oil.
3) To this, add 1 tablespoon of the marinade. Keep the rest of the marinade aside.
4) Blend this well, until well mixed.
5) Now, with a sharp knife, slice an X through the block and make the tofu into 4 equal triangles.
6) Now, make eight triangles by cut each piece into half horizontally.
7) In each triangle, make a pocket, leaving a 1/2 inch wide gap in the wide end.
8) In the prepared marinade, arrange the tofu.
9) Marinate for 10 minutes on one side, now turn and marinate again for 10 minutes.
10) Divide the tofu filling into eight portions.
11) Now, with this filling, gently stuff the tofu triangles and smoothen the filled edges with your finger.
12) With a nonstick spray, coat a nonstick frying pan.
13) In the pan, place 4 tofu triangles, with the filled side facing down.
14) On each edge, fry for 1 minute and on the each flat side, fry again for 1 minute.
16) To the pan, add 1/3 cup of stock.
17) Simmer this mix for 3 minutes.
18) Now, flip the triangles and simmer again for 3 minutes.
19) To a serving platter, transfer the cooked dish.
20) Continue this process for the rest of the tofu triangles and stock.
21) Finally, to the pan, add the marinade and boil until reduced to half.
22) On the tofu platter, pour the marinade and serve hot, sprinkled with the remaining scallions.