Smoked Tofu And Mushroom Brochettes
|Lemon||1 , grated for zest and squeezed for the juice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Such As Rosemary, Parsley, And Thyme)|
|Smoked tofu||10 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), wiped|
|Herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnishing)|
|Mixed salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
1. Season the wooden skewers by soaking them in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade and whisk with a fork until well amalgamated.
3. Cut the tofu into large chunks.
4. On the seasoned skewers, thread tofu chunks alternating with mushrooms.
5. Arrange the kebabs in a shallow dish
6. Drizzle marinade over the kabobs, turning them to coat evenly on all sides.
7. Cover the kabobs and refrigerate. Allow at least 1-2 hours marination, turning kebabs occasionally to keep coated with the marinade.
8. Over a hot barbecue arrange the kebabs and grill them for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally and basting them with the marinade until lightly charred.
9. Serve the kabobs immediately with mixed salad greens and cherry tomatoes