Stir Fried Spinach With Tofu
|Fresh spinach leaves||12 Ounce (375 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Tofu||5 Ounce, drained and cut into cubes (1/2 Of 300 G Packet)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Spring onions||4 , diagonally sliced|
|Fresh root ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Discard the stalks and tough ribs from the spinach.
2) Layer few spinach leaves on one another and tightly roll up to prepare a cigar shape.
3) Slice the roll crosswise into thin shreds. Follow this process to shred all the leaves.
4) In a wok, add half the oil to heat up over a moderate heat until hot.
5) Put in tofu and garlic to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6) Transfer the ingredients on paper towel to soak extra oil.
7) Wipe the wok with paper towel to soak oil from the surface.
8) Pour in remaining oil to heat up.
9) Add spring onions and ginger to stir-fry over moderate heat for few seconds.
10) Place in spinach, soy sauce and sugar in the wok. Stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes or until the spinach starts to wilt.
11) Add tofu into the wilted spinach and stir-fry for another 30 seconds to combine.
12) In a warm serving platter, serve the preparation with rice.