Vegetable Tofu Lo Mein
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish (Scallions)|
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water (1 Packet)|
|Creamy peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||1⁄4 Pound, cubed|
|Hot cooked spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1.Take a 10 inch non stick skillet and spray it with nonstick cooking spray and heat.
2. Add in bean sprouts, carrot and stir cook over medium to hihg heat for about 2 minutes unitl the sprouts soften.
3.Add in scallions and mix well.
4. Cook for 1 minute until the carrots are tender yet crisp.
5. Take a mixing bowl and using a wire whisk beat together peanut butter, broth mix, cornstarch, soy sauce, pepper and mix this with the vegetable mixture.
6. Also add in the tofy and stir.
7. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thicken, for about 5 minutes.
8. Add the spaghetti and and toss well.
9. Take a serving bowl and rasnfer spaghetti mixture into this and serve garnished with reserved scallions.