Teppanyaki Sesame Tofu with Soba
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Teriyaki sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Firm tofu||410 Gram, cut into 4 thick slices (410 Gram)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced salt soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Snow peas/Snake beans, yard long||16|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||2 , white parts cut into 2 inch batons and green tops shredded|
|Watercress||2 Cup (32 tbs), broken into sprigs|
|Soba noodles/Rice noodles||8 Ounce, cooked (250 Gram)|
1. Heat a large flat frying or char-grill pan to very hot.
2. Meanwhile, place sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce in a small bowl. Mix to combine. Brush over both sides of tofu. Sprinkle one side of each piece of tofu with half the sesame seeds. Combine remaining teriyaki sauce, mirin and soy sauce. Set aside.
3. Brush pan with a little of olive oil. Add tofu, seed side down. Cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over tofu. Turn over. Cook for 2 minutes longer or until crisp. Remove tofu from pan. Keep warm.
4. Brush pan with a little more oil. Add carrot, snow peas, bean sprouts and green onion batons. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
5. Add reserved soy sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute longer.
6. To serve, divide hot noodles between serving bowls. Top with watercress. Spoon over vegetables and top with tofu. Garnish with shredded green onion tops.