Tofu Vegetable Laksa
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kaffir lime leaves||6 , finely shredded|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||16 Fluid Ounce (2 cups / 500 milliliter)|
|Coconut cream||16 Fluid Ounce (2 cups / 500 milliliter)|
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (250 gram)|
|Baby bok choy||1 Pound, leaves separated (1 bunch / 500 gram)|
|Baby sweet corn||3 Ounce, halved (90 gram, fresh or canned)|
|Red pepper||1 , sliced|
|Egg noodles/Rice noodles||8 Ounce, soaked in boiling water for 2 minutes (250 gram)|
|Bean sprouts||2 Ounce (60 gram)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|For spice paste|
|Fresh red chilies||4 Small, chopped|
|Spring onions||5 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped lemongrass/1/4 teaspoon dried lemon grass, soaked in hot water until soft||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated galangal||1 Tablespoon (fresh or bottled)|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. To make paste, place chilies, spring onions, lemon grass, ginger, galanga (if using), turmeric and oil in a food processor or blender and process to make smooth paste.
2. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add spice paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Stir in lime leaves, sugar, stock and coconut cream, bring to simmering and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add tofu, bok choy, sweet corn and red pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until bok choy is bright green and tofu is heated.
5. To serve, divide noodles between soup bowls, ladle over soup and garnish with bean sprouts and coriander.
Calories 1700 Calories from Fat 578
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 41.9 g209.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 95.3 mg31.8%
Sodium 743.2 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.2%
Sugars 140.3 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 285.1% Vitamin C 363.5%
Calcium 57.2% Iron 52.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet