Tofu Vegetable Laksa
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kaffir lime leaves||6 , finely shredded|
|Palm sugar/Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||16 Fluid Ounce (2 cups / 500 milliliter)|
|Coconut cream||16 Fluid Ounce (2 cups / 500 milliliter)|
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (250 gram)|
|Baby bok choy||1 Pound, leaves separated (1 bunch / 500 gram)|
|Baby sweet corn||3 Ounce, halved (90 gram, fresh or canned)|
|Red pepper||1 , sliced|
|Egg noodles/Rice noodles||8 Ounce, soaked in boiling water for 2 minutes (250 gram)|
|Bean sprouts||2 Ounce (60 gram)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|For spice paste|
|Fresh red chilies||4 Small, chopped|
|Spring onions||5 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped lemongrass/1/4 teaspoon dried lemon grass, soaked in hot water until soft||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated galangal||1 Tablespoon (fresh or bottled)|
|Ground turmeric||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. To make paste, place chilies, spring onions, lemon grass, ginger, galanga (if using), turmeric and oil in a food processor or blender and process to make smooth paste.
2. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, add spice paste and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
3. Stir in lime leaves, sugar, stock and coconut cream, bring to simmering and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add tofu, bok choy, sweet corn and red pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until bok choy is bright green and tofu is heated.
5. To serve, divide noodles between soup bowls, ladle over soup and garnish with bean sprouts and coriander.