This Breakfast Scramble dish is perfect for vegans ad it is made with soy tofu and soy sausage. Tofu is rich in protein and an appropriate substitute for eggs. So you don’t need to miss your scrambles egg any more, try Breakfast Scramble and enjoy it every morning. It can also be stored for about 2 days in refrigerator, so no need to worry about the leftovers.
Low fat tofu
Dried parsley flakes
1 Teaspoon, lightly crumbled
1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground
Ground black pepper
1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
1⁄2 Medium, chopped
2 Clove (10 gm), minced
Green bell pepper
1 , diced
Red bell pepper
1 , diced
1 , diced and steamed
Cooked meat free sausage
Cajun seasoning/Cayenne pepper
1. Place tofu between two plates and press to remove excess liquid.
2. Place a few paper towels between the tofu and the bottom plate, and put a weight on the top plate.
3. Replace the paper towels with fresh ones when they become wet.
4. Keep the tofu under weight for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours; the longer you press it, the firmer it will become.
5. In a skillet, heat vegetable broth.
6. Stir in onion and garlic over medium heat until they are tender.
7. In a small dish, mix parsley, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
8. Stir in bell peppers and cook until they are tender.
9. Crumble the tofu and add to the skillet and mash it with a fork until they are broken down to small pieces.
10. Sprinkle with the parsley mixture; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
11. Add the soy sausage and cook until warmed.
12. Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, leftover Breakfast Scramble can be stored for up to 2 days.
A great option for those who cannot eat eggs! A scramble made with tofu and spy sausage…a great recipe for vegans too! A healthy mix of onion, garlic, and bell peppers adds in the flavors too. Watch the recipe being prepared and try it out!