Sesame-Crusted Tofu Sticks With Vegetable Saute
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 Large|
|Dry breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra firm tofu||15 Ounce, drained and cut into 1/8 sticks (1 Package)|
|Dark sesame oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Canned pineapple juice||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shiitake mushroom caps||1⁄2 Pound (About 10 Mushrooms)|
|Sliced green onion||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Inch)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet and sour sauce||1 Tablespoon (Japanese)|
l. To prepare tofu, combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs, flour, and sesame
seeds in a shallow dish.
2. Dip tofu, one piece at a time, in egg mixture,- dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Return tofu to egg mixture,-dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of tofu,- cook 4 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and tofu. Set aside, and keep warm.
4. To prepare vegetables, pour juice into pan. Bring to a boil,- cook until juice is reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove from pan.
5. Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms,-saute 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green onions, tomatoes, and thyme,- cook 1 minute. Stir in juice and vinegar,- cook 30 seconds.
6. Arrange about 1/2 cup vegetables on each of 6 plates, and top each serving with 3 tofu sticks. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon sweet and sour sauce, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1421 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1748.8 mg72.9%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.8%
Dietary Fiber 20 g79.8%
Sugars 49.3 g
Protein 70 g140.8%
Vitamin A 335.4% Vitamin C 350.5%
Calcium 145.5% Iron 122.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet