Sweet & Sour Tofu
|Long grain white rice||185 Gram (1 Cup)|
|White wine/Vinegar / distilled white vinegar||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Sugar||50 Gram (1/4 Cup)|
|Catsup||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Hot chili oil||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Homemade / Purchased, Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Firm tofu||1 Pound, rinsed, drained and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (455 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced / pressed|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red onion||1 Small, cut into thin wedges|
|Yellow bell pepper||8 Ounce, seeded and cut into 1 inch squares (230 Gram / 1 Large Size Green / Red / Yellow Colored)|
|Tomato||6 Ounce, cut into thin wedges (170 Gram / 1 Medium Size)|
|Pineapple chunks||235 Gram, drained (1 1/2 Cups, Fresh / Canned)|
1. In a 3- to 4-quart (2.8- to 3.8-liter) pan, bring 2 cups (470 ml) water to a boil over high heat; stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender to bite (about 20 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, to prepare sweet-sour sauce, in a medium-size bowl, stir together vinegar and cornstarch until blended. Then stir in 3/4 cup (180 ml) water, sugar, catsup, soy sauce, and Hot Chile Oil. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, gently mix tofu, paprika, garlic, and salt; set aside.
4. Heat oil in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add tofu and stir-fry gently until heated through (3 to 4 minutes). Add water, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, if pan appears dry. Remove tofu from pan with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
5. Add onion, bell pepper, and 2 tablespoons (30 ml) water to pan. Stir-fry for 1 minute; add water, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, if pan appears dry. Stir sweet-sour sauce well; pour into pan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in tomato, pineapple, and tofu; stir gently just until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1715 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1182 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 107.1 g
Protein 60 g119.7%
Vitamin A 93% Vitamin C 793.3%
Calcium 99.8% Iron 59.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet