Delicious, crunchy English Toffee is a perfect treat for the Holidays!
Sticks of butter
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Semi sweet chocolate/Milk chocolate
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (morsels)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. In a heavy sauce pan, add the butter, sugar, water and salt.
2. Cook the mixture stirring it continuously to the hard crack stage. Use candy thermometer to check the temperature. It should be 300 degrees.
3. Pour the mixture immediately into an ungreased 13x9 pan and spread out evenly.
4. Sprinkle the semi sweet or milk chocolate morsels.
5. As the morsels melt, spread evenly with a knife or a spatula.
6. Sprinkle the crushed pecans on top.
7. Chill in refrigerator for an hour or until it sets up.
8. Remove from pan into wax paper and break it into pieces.