Microwave Cooked Caramel Apples
|Macintosh apples/Red delicious||6 Medium|
|Chopped dry roasted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Caramels||14 Ounce (1 Bag)|
1) Wash the apples and dry them.
2) In stem end, insert stick.
3) In a small bowl, place chopped peanuts.
4) Set them aside.
5) In a 1-qt casserole, place unwrapped caramels and water .
6) Microwave at High 3 to 4 minutes, or until melted, hot and bubbly, stirring every minute.
7) Dip apples in hot caramel mixture and then roll in chopped peanuts.
8) Place them on wax paper to cool.
9) Serve the caramel apples as snack or in dessert with whipping cream, if desired.