|Eating apples/4 bananas, peeled||3|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Cold water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Fresh oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar/Caster sugar||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|White sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the apples/bananas into about 16 pieces.
2. Dust the pieces with a little dry flour.
3. Into a mixing bowl sift the remaining flour and slowly add the water to make a smooth paste.
4. Then add the beaten egg and blend well to make a batter.
5. Dip the apple/banana pieces in the batter and deep-fry in hot oil for about 3 minutes until golden.
6. Remove and drain.
7. In a preheated wok, heat the fresh oil, add the sugar and stir continuously until the sugar is caramelized.
8. Then quickly add the fruit pieces, blending well so that each piece is coated with the 'toffee' and add the sesame seeds (if using).
9. Dip the pieces in cold water to harden and serve.