Dark corn syrup - 2/3 cup
Half-and-half - 1/3 cup
Unsalted butter - 1/4 cup
Nuts - 1/3 cup, coarsely chopped
Vanilla - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Grease a square baking pan of 8-inches and set aside.
2) In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine together the sugar, corn syrup and half-and-half.
3) Cook over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the mixture starts to boil.
4) Add the butter and cook over low heat, occasionally stirring, till the candy thermometer hits a temperature of 280 degrees.
5) Take the mixture off the heat and add the vanilla and nuts. Stir well.
6) Continue to cook and stir the contents for another 2 minutes.
7) Turn the concoction into the prepared pan and let it cool slightly.
8) With a sharp knife, mark the candy into 16-inch squares.
9) With a flat metal spatula, press along the marks.
10) Repeat the process, pressing deeper each time, till the spatula reaches bottom of pan and the candy is shaped into puffs.
11) Let the candy cool completely.
12) Turn the cooled candy out onto a board and break it into pieces.
12) Serve the Toffee Brittle as a snack or dessert.