Milky Caramel Apples
|Apples||3 Pound (8 Medium Size)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 1/4 Cups)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Generously grease a baking sheet.
2. Wash and dry apples.
3. Insert 4-to 6-in. wooden skewers in stem ends.
4. Mix sweetened condensed milk, granulated sugar, corn syrup and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.
5. Stirring constantly, cook to 234°F (soft ball stage; remove from heat while testing).
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter or margarine and vanilla extract.
7. Quickly dip and twirl apples in syrup to coat evenly. Cool on the baking sheet, skewers upright.