Flaked Haddock With Parsleyed Melba Toast
|Smoked haddock fillet||350 Gram (12 Ounce)|
|Grated lime rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||150 Milliliter (0.25 Pint)|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , shelled and chopped|
|Spring onion||2 , sliced|
|Whole meat bread slices||2 (Whole Meal From A Cut Loaf)|
|Low fat spread||15 Gram (0.5 Ounce)|
1. Put the haddock into a shallow pan with the lemon rind, white wine, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and cook gently until the fish is just tender -about 10 minutes.
3. Skin the haddock and remove any stray bones; flake the flesh.
4. Mix the fish with the hard-boiled egg and spring onions and adjust seasoning to taste. Keep warm.
5. Toast the slices of whole meal bread on both sides then remove the
crusts and cut each slice in half horizontally, using a very sharp knife.
6. Spread the untoasted surfaces with a little low fat spread and sprinkle generously with chopped parsley.
7. Place the slices under a preheated grill, just long enough to curl the toast without burning it.
8. Spoon the warm smoked haddock mixture on to small plates and garnish with fennel leaves or parsley, if using.
9. Serve immediately with the freshly made melba toast.