Sunshine French Toast
|For sunshine french toast|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Whole grain bread slices||8|
|For quick crepes|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tbsp. for the batter and rest for pan frying)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
For French Toast
1. In a medium bowl add in the eggs, skimmed milk, orange juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest. Whisk thoroughly all the ingredients.
2. Heat a sauce pan and pour in the canola oil, let it heat on medium heat. Dunk the bread slice in milk and eggs mixture and place on saucepan. Cook on both sides until golden brown and repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
3. Slice the French toast into cubes and place on skewers along with fresh fruits. Serve and enjoy!
1. In a medium bowl stir in whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat germ, sugar, canola oil, egg and skim milk. Whisk with the hand blender.
2. Lightly grease the pan with oil and pour in ¼ cup of the batter. Swirl around to spread in pan and cook for one minute on one side. Flip the side and cook for another minute. Repeat the process with rest of the batter.
3. Stuff the crepes with low fat cream and fresh fruits. Serve and enjoy!
Fiber helps you feel full for longer. Whole wheat flour also adds fiber to your crepes.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107 mg35.7%
Sodium 231.8 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 24.5% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet