Grilled Pear, Endive and Crottin de Chavignol Toasts
|Pears||2 Large (firm)|
|Yellow endive heads||400 Gram (about 4 heads)|
|Brown sugar||50 Gram|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 Large, zested, juiced|
|Olive oil||50 Milliliter|
|White wine||50 Milliliter (Optional)|
|Pomegranate seeds||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Basil leaves||50 Gram|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon (to serve)|
1. Heat a large non-stick pan on the stove and add in half the sugar. When the sugar starts to brown and caramelise, add in the walnuts pecans. Coat them well in the sugar them pour out on to a plate and allow to cool.
2. Cut the baguette into 8 thin slices. Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and grill, on one side only until golden.
3. Peel and cut the pears into halves. Remove the core and then cut into 16 wedges. Dust the pears in a little icing sugar and place onto a large flat non-stick tray. Cut the endive in halves and place onto a flat oven to table tray or dish, cut side up with the pears. Drizzle with olive oil, orange zest and half of the orange juice.
4. Place the toasted slices crispy side down onto the tray, with the endive and the pear. Drizzle each slice with a teaspoon of white wine if you wish. This gives a little extra flavour.
5. Cut each Crottin de Chavignol in half and place one, cut side up onto each of the baguette slices. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place under the grill for 10 minutes.
6. Once the cheese has started to bubble and melt, the pear is slightly golden and the endive is crispy around the edges, remove from the grill.
7. To serve, scatter the walnuts pecans over the grilled salad, tear over a few basil leaves, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and drizzle with honey and olive oil.
Calories 649 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 360.7 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 43.9 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 59.4% Vitamin C 62%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet