|Bread slices||6 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Eggs||8 , beaten slightly|
|Half and half cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Trim off the bread crusts and halve diagonally to form 12 triangles.
3) In a bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, orange rind and salt together, mix thoroughly.
4) Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture and allow to soak most of liquid.
5) In a iron skillet, fry the slices in 1/2 inch heated oil, until evenly brown on both sides.
6) On a cookie sheet, arrange the fried slices and place in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until puffed up.
7) Drain on paper towel and dust with the confectioners' sugar.
8) Serve immediately with maple syrup or with applesauce, cinnamon or honey.
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 311.8 mg103.9%
Sodium 434.4 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet