|Bread slices||6 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Eggs||8 , beaten slightly|
|Half and half cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Trim off the bread crusts and halve diagonally to form 12 triangles.
3) In a bowl, combine the eggs, half-and-half, orange rind and salt together, mix thoroughly.
4) Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture and allow to soak most of liquid.
5) In a iron skillet, fry the slices in 1/2 inch heated oil, until evenly brown on both sides.
6) On a cookie sheet, arrange the fried slices and place in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes, until puffed up.
7) Drain on paper towel and dust with the confectioners' sugar.
8) Serve immediately with maple syrup or with applesauce, cinnamon or honey.