|French bread||2 Ounce, cut diagonally into 12 equal slices|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Small, seeded, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 , drained, mashed|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Basil leaves||4 (for garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl combine together all the ingredients except cheese and basil.
2. With a pastry brush, brush each slice of bread with an equal amount of oil on both sides and arrange in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet.
3. Broil, turning once for about 30 seconds, until golden, on each side.
4. Spoon 1/12 of tomato mixture onto each slice of bread.
5. Using a fork, press mixture evenly over surface of bread; top each with 1/2 of the cheese.
6. Broil for about 1 minute or until cheese melts.
7. Transfer toast to a serving platter
8. Garnish with basil leaves and serve hot.
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg6.5%
Sodium 419.5 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 17% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet