Steamed Eggs On Toast
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs/8 small eggs||4 Large|
|Hot buttered toast slices||4 (Or Squares)|
|Thin white sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. Rub 4 custard cups with margarine, set them in a shallow saucepan containing a little water; the water should come half way up the cups.
2. Place 1 teaspoon of cheese in the bottom of each cup.
3. Break 1 large or 2 small eggs into each cup. Season with salt and paprika.
4. Cover the cups with squares of waxed paper, holding each in place with a rubber band. Cover the pan and heat on top of the range with the water just below simmering, until the eggs are the consistency of thick cream, about 5 minutes.
5. Unmold the eggs onto the hot toast and serve with the White Sauce heated for 1 or 2 minutes with the mustard.