Seared Tilapia with Sweet Soy Sauce and Asian Salad
|For the sweet soy sauce:|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|For the salad:|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Limes||2 Medium, juiced|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, quartered|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, finely sliced|
|Cucumber||1 Small, seeded and diced|
|Basil||2 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|Mint||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the tilapia:|
|Tilapia fillets||3 Medium (Each 6-7 ounces)|
|Coriander seeds||2 Tablespoon, crush|
|Sesame oil/Any vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. For the sweet soy sauce: In a bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water and set aside.
2. Next, bring the soy and brown sugar to a boil.
3. Once boiling, whisk in a small amount of the corn starch-water mixture until it becomes thick like maple syrup.
4. Finish with lime juice and set aside.
5. For the Salad: In a bowl, mix together vinegar and lime juice and set aside.
6. In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, basil, mint, salt and pepper and a small amount of the vinegar-lime juice dressing.
7. Once mixed in, place in the refrigerator to cool.
8. For the Tilapia: Season all the tilapia fillets with salt and pepper.
9. Crust with coriander seeds.
10. In a large saute pan on high heat, add sesame oil bring it to the smoking point.
11. Once smoking, place the fish into the pan and immediately turn down the heat to medium-high.
12. Cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
13. Place a small amount of sweet soy on a plate with the tilapia right on top of it.
14. On the other side of the plate place your salad.
15. Serve as main course.
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg10%
Sodium 3729.7 mg155.4%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 117.2 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 32.6% Vitamin C 47.7%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet