Grilled Tilapia is one of my favorite Tilapia Recipe. There are many ways to grill tilapia; this variation requires the fish to be wrapped securely in aluminum foil to trap the juice producing a very flavorful grilled fish with a texture similar to steamed fish.
2 Large, cleaned and gutted
2 , diced
1 , diced
Ground black pepper
Combine tomato, onion, salt, ground black pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl then mix well.
2. Stuff the mixture inside the cavity of the tilapia. Note: do not overstuff the fish.
3. Meanwhile, combine oil with 1 teaspoon of salt and mix.
4. Brush the oil and salt mixture on the exterior part of the tilapia. Note: The salt adds more taste while the oil prevents the skin to stick on the foil.
5. Wrap the tilapia in aluminum foil then secure the sides.
6. Grill the wrapped fish for about 12 minutes per side.
7. Remove from the grill and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve with ensaladang talong and steamed rice.
9. Share and enjoy!