1. Cut papaya in half and remove the seeds. Peel the skin and shred the flesh using a shredder or knife.
2. In a mortar crush the chilies and garlic using the pestle.
3. Add the shredded papaya, tomato, palm sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and gently crush until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
4. Put the roasted peanuts, crush it and mix together with other ingredients.
5. Serve the Papaya Salad with roasted or grilled meats, fried fish or sticky rice.
Tropical fruits have their own place in Asian cuisines and here is a Thai recipe making use of one such fruit. Check out the chef in the video making Green Papaya Salad or Som Tum in Thai. Great to have alongside roasted meats, fish and rice!