Panag curry is an easy and quick curry which can be served with steamed white, brown or jasmine rice.
Panang curry paste
4 Ounce (Maesri brand)
1 Pound, sliced (or beef/firm tofu)
Canned coconut milk
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Chokoh brand)
Sweet basil leaves
8 , chopped
Kaffir lime leaves
4 , chopped
1. In a pan over medium heat, pour half of the coconut milk. Let it warm for 1 minute.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of panang curry paste. Mix well and keep stirring.
3. Add chicken and pour in the remaining coconut milk. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
4. Add palm sugar and season with salt. Turn off the heat and add basils and kaffir leaves. Mix well.
5. Serve the Thai Panang Chicken Curry with rice.
Curries are interesting ways of cooking food across Asia and here is a Thai recipe to make one. Check out the chef in the video showing how to cook Panang Curry with Chicken, a traditional Thai delicacy using a curry paste called Panang curry paste. Thailand unplugged!
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 652.8 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 0.03 g0.13%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 3.1%
Vitamin C 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Panang Curry With Chicken Or Beef - Thai Style Home Cooking Recipe Video