Spicy Pasta Thai Style
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese mushrooms||3 , dried, sliced|
|Green onions||3 Medium|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Shrimp||18 Medium (Tail On Or Off)|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Three Crabs Brand)|
|Mushroom soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai basil/Cinnamon basil||2 Tablespoon (As Required)|
1) Use the pasta of your choice. In Thailand we buy this dish from one of Nings neighbors and she uses macaroni in it.
2) In mortar and pestle, grind the garlic and chili with hot canola oil.
3) Soak the dried mushrooms till soft in water. Then you slice them up in to strips or cube them.
4) In the hot wok, add the mushrooms and medium onion to saute.
5) Add the shrimps and cook until the shrimps are ready.
6) Add the cooked pasta and combine all together.
7) Pour in all the sauces and season with sugar and spices and combine properly.
8) Add the green onions, mushrooms and chili pepper and stir-fry for a while before serving.
This can be as spicy as you like. If you make it and want more heat you can add some crushed red pepper to it. Be careful if you use the small red Thai chili peppers. For their size they have allot of heat to them.
please visit: http://www.my-thaiwife.com
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300.9 mg100.3%
Sodium 958.8 mg40%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 46 g91.8%
Vitamin A 49.5% Vitamin C 207.8%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet