Gai Hor Bai Toey
|Chicken breast||250 Gram, cut into bite-size pieces|
|White soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Whole black peppercorns||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Pandan leaf strips||8 , cut 4 cm., 1 1/2 inch wide|
|Dark soy sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|White soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon, lightly crushed|
1. In a mortar, pound together peppercorns and garlic until well blended.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the peppercorns and garlic mixture to the chicken.
3. Blend in white soya sauce, sugar and sesame oil until the ingredients are mixed well.
4. Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for approximately 1 hour.
5. Cut the marinated chicken into 8 pieces and wrap with the Pandan leaves, making a pyramidal shape.
6. Deep-fry in hot oil until cooked.
7. To make the sauce, mix the dark soya sauce and white soya sauce in a bowl.
8. Add sugar and vinegar. Stir well and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
9. Adjust the seasonings to obtain sweet and sour flavor as desired.
10. Serve with the sauce.