Thai Style Coconut Cream Soup by Tarla Dalal
|Chopped lemon grass||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (hare chai ki patti)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Blanched babycorn roundels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Blanched broccoli florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (nariyal ka doodh)|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon, dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water|
1. In blender, combine lemongrass and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend into a smooth paste. Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
2. In a skillet (kadhai), heat oil, add chopped onion and saute over medium flame for 1 minute.
3. Add baby corn, broccoli and saute for another minute.
4. Stir in coconut milk, 1 cup of water, lemon grass mixture and salt. Bring to boil.
5. Pour corn flour-water mixture, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Turn off the flame, add the pepper powder and mix well.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can increase or decrease the amount of corn flour depending on the consistency you like.
Calories 463 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.2%
Saturated Fat 36.7 g183.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 238.6 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet