How to Make Pad Thai Noodles with Shrimp
|Pad thai noodles||8 Ounce|
|Shrimp||20 Medium, peeled, deveined|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Scallions||3 Medium, diced|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), roughly chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Lime juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot bring water to boil. Once boiled turn off the heat. Put the noodles in it and soak for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
2. SAUCE: In a bowl mix lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chilli pepper. Whisk well till combined. Set aside.
3. In a pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Put in garlic and sauté for few seconds or till they turn fragrant. Put in the shrimp and sauté for a few minutes r till they curl up and turn pink. Transfer into a bowl.
4. In the same pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Pour the eggs and scramble them for few seconds. Add the cooked noodle and pour the sauce over it. Using a tong toss it well till all the noodles are coated evenly with the sauce.
5. Return the shrimp and toss well again. Put in the bean sprouts and scallions. Toss well till combined. Turn off the heat and add the cilantro and peanuts. Mix well.
6. In a serving plate, serve the Pad Thai noodles hot as it is.
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 249.6 mg83.2%
Sodium 1740.5 mg72.5%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 32 g63%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet