Thai Curry Beef in Coconut Milk with Lemongrass, Ginger & Potato
|Vegetabel oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Beef sirloin steak||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Ginger||3 Large, peeled, cut into chunks|
|Lemon grass stalk||2 Medium, cut into long slices|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||2 Medium, sliced to 1/2 inch|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, cubed to 1/2 inch|
|Coconut milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chili pepper||4 Medium|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
1. In a pan heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the garlic and sauté till fragrant. Put in the beef cubes and continue to sauté till the beef is brown. Transfer into a bowl. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Put the ginger and lemon grass. Saute for few minutes or till they turn fragrant. Add the onions, carrots and potato. Stir to mix.
3. Return the beef cubes and mix well. Pour the coconut milk and chicken stock and add the fish sauce and lime juice. Stir well to combine. Season with curry powder, salt and red chilli powder. Mix well and cover with a lid. Bring it to boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer cook for around 45 minutes or till the beef is fully cooked. Turn off the heat. Discard the ginger and lemongrass pieces.
5. In a serving plate, garnish the Thai Curry beef with cilantro leaves and serve hot with steamed brown rice or white rice.
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.4 mg9.5%
Sodium 1230.4 mg51.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 20 g39%
Vitamin A 119% Vitamin C 51%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet